Following is the press release from the Montgomery County Democratic Central Committee (MCDCC):
The Montgomery County Democratic Central Committee presents the Calling All Democrats to Stay Connected and Dial for Democratic Victory at its Spring Ball, Sunday, May 2, 2010, from 4:30-9:30 PM at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, 5701 Marinelli Road. The event starts with a reception and silent auction at 4:30PM, dinner at 6:30PM, followed by the presentation of the Democratic Party 2010 awards and then dancing until 9:30PM.
Representatives Chris Van Hollen and Donna Edwards, Comptroller Peter Franchot, Attorney General Doug Gansler and County Executive Ike Leggett will individually present the following awards:
• Kathryn “Kate” Rhudy - the Democrat of the Year Award,
• Lucille “Lucy” Freeman and Sylvia Diss - the Precinct Official Award,
• Francine Towbridge - the Community Service Award,
• Carol Petzold - the Lifetime Service Award,
• Eliot Greenwald - the Volunteer of the Year Award,
• Gene Counihan - the Outstanding Services by a Former Elected Official Award.
Tickets are $100 each ($125 at the door) and up at sponsor levels. Guests are asked to bring a can of food for a local food bank.
For more information, call the Committee at 301-946-1000.