April 21, 2011

O’Malley press secretary stepping down

Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley is in search of a new press secretary. Shaun Adamec has informed O’Malley (D) in a resignation letter that he is leaving after next month to join City Year, a Boston-based organization that steers people into teaching and mentoring service.

Adamec became part of O’Malley’s press operation nearly three years ago. After a short stint as a deputy, he assumed the title of press secretary. He has since won a reputation as a workhorse and staunch defender of the governor’s record.

“After careful consideration over the last year, my wife, Elizabeth, and I have decided to return to our native New England and raise our two young boys closer to their grandparents and extended family,” Adamec wrote in his resignation letter. “I have recently accepted a very exciting role as Vice President of Communications for City Year, where I can continue my career advocating for social change and education reform. These are issues I’m honored to have worked with you on as well.”

A search is underway for a successor, O’Malley aides said. SOURCE: Washington Post

No comments: