July 7, 2010

Neil Cohen enters U.S. Senate race against Barbara Mikulski

Neil Cohen, A New Voice for Maryland, Announces His Campaign for U.S. Senate Dr. Neil Cohen, a moderate Republican who believes the people of Maryland deserve someone who puts them ahead of the party system, declares his candidacy for U.S. Senate and will be on the ballot in the September primary.

Rockville, Md – July 7, 2010-- Dr. Neil Cohen is a candidate for U. S. Senate in the September primary. A moderate Republican, Dr. Cohen is fired up and ready to go to work on behalf of the people of Maryland to help fix the fiscal and social challenges that confront this nation. A couple days ago, he filed his papers for the September 14th primary.

Why I'm Running

In the 2010 Senate campaign, I will be a real choice for the state's voters who are ready for a positive change. With the deficit exploding and our public debt running into TRILLIONS of dollars, with millions of our fellow citizens unemployed, with the prospect of schools, hospitals and many local public services forced to close or go bankrupt, I believe our current officials spend too much time defending their positions rather than looking for solutions. Unlike my primary opponents, I'm a MODERATE Republican who believes the American people deserve someone who puts their collective interests ahead of the party system.

To get Maryland and the country moving again will take political leadership and cooperation. We will not end partisan bickering if hard-line conservatives continue to argue that the only way forward is to cut out government from our lives, repeal all healthcare legislation and disagree with Democrats on every issue as a matter of principle.

I'm running as a moderate Republican to work with both parties to find the solutions we desperately need. I may not be popular with some of the political hacks in Washington, but they won't be the ones who elect me as their voice in the Senate.

I am Neil Cohen, D.D.S., and I've been practicing dentistry nearly 30 years in Maryland. I live in Rockville with my wife Arlene. We have a son, Sander, a Maryland Deputy Fire Marshall. I'm a graduate of Temple University and a 1977 graduate of Howard University as a Doctor of Dental Surgery.

Contact: Georgio F. Comninos, Public Information Manager
Phone (240)-506-6969
Website: Cohenforsenate.com
Email: neil@cohenforsenate.com

No comments: