August 1, 2010

Miss India DC Pageant scheduled for September 18

The 16th Annual Miss India-DC Pageant is on Saturday, September 18th, 2010 at 6.30pm at GW's Betts Theatre 800 21st Street, NW. Washington DC. The purpose of this show is to provide the younger generation a platform to showcase their talents and an opportunity to participate in something culturally enriching. The Pageant consists of 3 main segments:

4 Indian Dress Competition
4 Evening Gown Competition
4 Talent Cometition

The five finalists are then selected to participate in the Question-Answer segment. The second runner-up and the first runner-up are announced. And Finally, the winner of the 2006 Miss India-DC Pageant is announced! The Winner along with the first and second runners-up will go on to the National Pageant, held in NY, to compete against top girls from other states in the United States. The winner of the National Miss India Pageant, will go on to compete in the International pageant, where she will compete with winners from other country pageants!

"Winning the pageant has provided me with an avenue through which I can reach Indian American girls and encourage them to build their confidence, to believe in themselves, and to grow from every experience."
-Tania Mukherji, Winner of 2001 Pageant

Along with the Pageant, the evening features an extravagant Fashion Show, showcasing unique designs, and a host of performances by talented local artists.

"The Miss India DC pageant has been amazing fun, and it is extremely rewarding to see everything i've worked for over the years pay off."
-Jaya Rao, Winner of 2004 Pageant

"When you think you have something and you are 100 % sure, you usually don't have it. When I used to take exams in high school, everytime I thought I did well I would end up getting a bad grade so I decided to just have fun and do the best I could! I didn't worry too much about winning and I ended up getting first runner up which is much better then I thought I would do. The pageant was a great experience and I enjoyed every minute of it."
-Sapna Desai, First Runner Up of 2004 Pageant

"The feeling of turmoil throughout the weeks of waiting for the pageant to come are now over and the after effects have lead to a great outcome and immense excitement. I am so lucky to have placed and even more lucky to have met such wonderful and smart women throughout this experience."
-Karishma Amin, Second Runner Up of 2004 Pageant. SOURCE: Miss India DC

No comments: